SEO is defined in Wikipedia as:
...the process of improving the visibility of a website or a webpage in search engines via the "natural: or un-paid search results.
An entire industry has been built around this concept. Organizations charge hundreds of dollars promising top spot on Google, Yahoo, etc. Interestingly, people like you, fork out hundreds of dollars, convinced by the mirage of “back-linking” and “tags”.
Our approach is a little different. There is definitely a science behind optimizing your site. However, the technical side accounts for 20, maybe 30 percent of what is required to be relevant online. We believe that there is an intricate formula that must be followed in order to attain sustainable, high ranking relevance online.
- Write/Podcast/Blog/Vlog Outstanding Content. Stuff that’s useful to people.
- Comment on other people’s posts, forums, blogs with useful feedback and reference your site.
- Update your website regularily.
- Establish accounts on the Top 39 Social Media sites.
- Social Bookmarking!!
- Build an interactive community through newsletters, forums, contests and feedback mechanisms (comment/suggestion boxes). Community = Future Clients & Referrals. Bottom line.
- Exchange links with other Google friendly sites.
- Connect it all. The website, the social media accounts, the blogs, etc.
- Ensure compliance with the sitemap protocol.
- UNDERSTAND; fancy links, tags and code is not going to magically bring people to your site. Your ability to communicate your business and passion in useable format, applicable to your audience will.
When you ask us to optimize your site, we develop a cohesive roadmap of the aforementioned to get you to your customer and keep you on their radar.
Almin Kassamali is the Chief Imagination Officer of StyleLabs Marketing Group. StyleLabs offers full service business and marketing solutions for entrepreneurs, musicians, athletes and small/medium business.